Vital Steel Projects has a proven track record for working Safely not only in the Factory, but also on all the sites in South Africa and greater Africa. Our people are Officially appointed in Terms of the Act wherever required.
In the factory we comply with the Occupational Health and Safety and Environmental Regulations for Workplaces. Implementation includes:
- Regular safety meetings and daily Toolbox talks.
- Training for Fire, First Aid, and all other Safety Training requirements.
- Environmental requirements such as Dust Extraction, Effluent Control and Noise management is done.
- Regular inspection of Lifting Equipment, Load tests, and Moving Machinery is a compulsory requirement.
- Risk assessments and method statements for major hazardous work.
On Sites we comply with the Occupational Health and safety Act pertaining Construction Regulations and Mining . This includes aspects such as:
- Accredited Training of Personnel, that go for Fitness Medicals, full site Inductions, training at Heights , and all other site specific requirements.
- Fully Complient Health and Safety Files for every site.
- Competency Certification and Equipment when working with different types of lifting equipment such as Mobile Cranes, Tower Cranes, Chain Blocks, and Tifors for normal or Tandem lifts.
- Liaison with Labour department and Local Authorities for Permits to do Construction work, Road Closures etc. when required.
- Fall protection planning.
- Risk assessment.
- Hazard Identification.
- Qualified Risk Assessors, and Incident Investigator.
- Management and Supervision of Construction work, for instance Hot Work Permits, with Hazardous materials, and working in confined spaces.